Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Review of World Market Spices Bags and Jars

Originally submitted at Cost Plus World Market

Sourced from around the globe, our spices offer exquisite, high quality flavor without the usual high price tag.


Bargin Prices - Great Spices!

By Visiting other countires via cuisine from Spring, TX on 9/23/2009

 

5out of 5

Pros: Exotic, Flavorful

Best Uses: Baking, Cooking, Seasoning

Describe Yourself: Foodie, Health Conscious

I love to prepare dishes from all over the world. Often my recipes call for Cardamom, Turmeric and other spices with low demand here in the US. I had been paying up to $15/oz at local grocery stores for some of them until I found the spice selection at World Market. None of their spices cost more than $2.99(at my local CPWM)! I was even able to purchase whole vanilla beans (with which to make my own vanilla extract) at the low price of 2/$2.99. When I priced them at local groceries, they were up to $13/each. Our local CPWM selection is great and I love the glass jars that a lot of their spices come in.
All of the spices I have purchased have smelled wonderful and have flavored my food at least equally well - if not better than the higher priced items avaliable else where.
(NOTE: I'm not supposed to mention pricing but it's one of the BEST things about purchasing spices from CPWM.)

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment