Sunday, March 13, 2011

BEEEEEEEF


Learning about beef by products. Wow, it's quite prevalent in everyday foods. It can be found in many every day items such as:

sausage
marshmallows
candies
mayonnaise
chewing gum
oleo
shortening
pate
clarification agents for juice, wine and beer
sausage casings
yogurt
cookies
gelatin in salads/desserts
head cheese
ice cream

YIKES! It's pretty easy to eat gluten free but it's been challenging to do gluten and beef free. Example. Yogurt. I eat some nearly every day and had researched to make sure that one was gluten free. It was. But it had gelatin. Which was from beef. I usually feel pretty horrible for two days when I get contaminated by beef. It's not fun. And it's stinky. It oozes out of my pores gives me rotten egg gas and S.TA.N.K.Y. bm's. Yup. And those are just the things that you would notice. The pain and discomfort is what really bothers me. So now I'm constantly checking for gluten free first then doubling back to make sure it's also beef free. And thankfully I've found a yogurt that's both. Stonyfield plain organic. It would be Stonyfield, it's the most expensive in our market. =) Thankfully it's also very tasty and has simple ingredients, no additives or other misc. things.


PICTURE FROM: http://www.newswise.com/images/uploads/2009/04/23/fullsize/cow_b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment